Thrass - Phonics Book - Homework Book 2
Description:My Word Power Phonics Book - English Home Language - Workbook B (Grade 2) CAPS COPLIANT
This Workbook 2 includes:
- Consonant and Vowel Picture Charts
- Keyword and Grapheme Charts
- THRASS Terminology Dictionary
- Spelling pages to introduce spelling words and sight words for the week.
- Activity pages to revise, reinforce and consolidate phonics and language skills.
- Note to the parent or homework supervisor explaining what is expected of the child when completing THRASS homework activities
What is THRASS?
THRASS® is a phonics programme that has been specifically designed to teach children (and adults) about the 44 speech sounds (phonemes) in spoken English and their related 120 key spellings (graphemes) in written English.
THRASS moves away from the traditional “One Letter Makes One Sound” method of teaching phonics and teaches children that letters can make different sounds depending on the ‘job’ they have to do in different words. For example, the letter “a” makes a different sound in each of the following words: ant; baby; banana; zebra; swan and ball.